Our Change of Mind Policy
At Outlet, we are happy to offer you a refund or exchange for change of mind on most full price and reduced merchandise. The following change of mind timeframes apply:
- In-store: 30 days from date of purchase
- Online (Australia/NewZealand): 30 days from date of delivery
Subject to the Consumer Guarantees outlined below, merchandise returned for change of mind within the above timeframes can be returned for an exchange or full refund subject to the following conditions:
- Proof of purchase is accompanied with the returned merchandise;
- The merchandise is unworn, unwashed, unused and in its original condition with all tags intact.
- For swimwear, all hygiene stickers are intact.
- Any discounts received at the time of purchase will be carried over.
Exceptions to our change of mind policy
Our change of mind policy does not apply to the following merchandise:
- Earrings, hair pieces, hosiery and underwear
Due to hygiene reasons, earrings, hair pieces, hosiery and underwear are unable to be returned for change of mind.
Our Change of Mind Policy does not affect your rights under the Australian Consumer Law and you have consumer guarantees that cannot be limited by us. If your product is not of acceptable quality, is not fit for its purpose or is different from its description or sample, then you may be eligible for a refund, exchange or any drop in value of the product (if you choose to keep it).
If you have purchased a product with a major fault, you have the right to ask for your choice of a replacement or refund. If you purchased a product with a minor fault, we can choose to give you a free repair instead of a replacement or refund. Further information is available at https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund.
Merchandise returned under consumer guarantees can be returned within a reasonable timeframe subject to proof of purchase.
Merchandise marked as seconds or sample product must be chosen carefully as these items cannot be returned due to the fault that was identified at the time of purchase. If the seconds or sample product exhibits a fault (not related to the fault identified at the time of purchase), is not fit for purpose or is incorrectly described, it may be returned in accordance with the above consumer guarantees.
Our customer service team are unable to review any worn or used items via email or phone. All items must be physically returned either via mail or in person in-store to be processed, in accordance with the process detailed below.
Returning your purchase
How you purchased your item
Items purchased online may be returned to any Outlet store (excluding Country Road, Trenery, David Jones and Myer stores) or by post to Outlet online for a full refund or exchange.
Items purchased in-store may be returned to any Outlet store for a full refund or exchange.
Please note: Outlet online cannot process returns or exchanges for items that have been purchased and/or exchanged in store.
Orders made via PayPal may be refunded to the credit or EFTPOS card of your choice. Please note that the cardholder name must be identical to the name on the order confirmation and a form of photo identification must be presented.
How to return or exchange a purchase
At a store
- Simply show your online receipt (this was emailed to you when you placed your online order) and the credit card used for your purchase at any Outlet where our store staff will be happy to assist you.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs for change of mind returns and exchanges.
- To return your order via post, simply complete the returns form enclosed with your order and send it back to the below address relevant to your country along with the item(s) you wish to return.
- When returning or exchanging a faulty, damaged or incorrectly described item, Outlet will arrange return postage on your behalf or refund postage costs upon presentation of receipt/s. This is subject to inspection by Outlet prior to sending goods back to us. Should you need further assistance regarding this process, please contact Outlet Customer Service.
- Please ensure your return parcel is securely packaged and both sender’s address and Outlet online return address are clearly displayed on the outside of the parcel. To avoid delivery problems, we encourage sending your return back by registered post.
- Online purchases that have previously been exchanged in store can only be returned in store and not to the below returns address.
- Please allow 10 business days from the day your parcel is delivered to our distribution centre for your return to be processed and your account to be credited. Once your return has been processed you will be notified via the email address provided with your original online order. Slight delays to return processing may be experienced during busy sale and promotional periods, due to higher volumes.
- If exchanging via post, please return your unwanted item as above, noting the style/size you wish to exchange on the returns slip provided. The item from the original order will first be returned and a new order containing the exchanged item will be processed. We will notify you of your new order number via email once your exchange has been processed.
Outlet Online Returns
|NEW ZEALAND RETURNS|
Outlet Online Returns
Online cancellations & order amendments
Unfortunately we are unable to cancel or make any amendments to any online orders after your order is placed. Amendments may include but are not limited to:
- Change of delivery address
- Changes to colours and sizes
- Adding or removing items
- Applying discounts
- Full order cancellations
Please ensure all details provided are full and correct at the time of order placement.